|Web site: www.plinara-zagreb.hr
Radnička cesta 1, Zagreb
Tel: +385 1 6302 477
Fax: +385 1 6184 585
City Gasworks Zagreb Ltd. is a company owned by Zagreb Holding Ltd. As a gas distribution system operator, it ensures the technical conditions for the operation, management and development of a safe, reliable and efficient distribution system and supervises the design, construction and maintenance of the distribution system. In addition, Gradska plinara Zagreb d.o.o. maintains the cadastre of lines, conducts technical tests and analyzes, as well as inspection and calibration of pressure regulators.
The history of City Gasworks Zagreb dates back to 1862 and the conclusion of contracts for the construction of lighting gas factories. The first plants that used the process of dry distillation from wood were located on the then outskirts of the city, on the corner of Gundulićeva and Hebrangova streets (today the HEP building). On October 31st, 1863 the first facilities have been commissioned, enabling lighting up Zagreb streets and squares with 364 gas lights. The City Council in 1900 adopts a decision on buying off the gas works, when it becomes City Gasworks Zagreb d.o.o. In December of 1955 begins the supply of Zagreb with the natural gas. Since 1971 the methane is introduced – the replacement of existing city gas with natural gas. During the August of 1978, through the pipeline Zapad, comes the imported natural gas.
Today City Gasworks Zagreb d.o.o. performs energy operations of gas distribution on the territory of the City of Zagreb, cities of Zaprešić and Velika Gorica and municipalities Pušća, Dubravica, Marija Gorica and Brdovec.
Gradska plinara Zagreb d.o.o. distributes natural gas to customers in the cities of Zagreb, Zaprešić and Velika Gorica, the municipalities of Brdovec, Pušća, Marija Gorica and Dubravica and takes care of the expansion, safety, reconstruction and construction of the distribution system.
It also owns the subsidiary, City Gas Bjelovar Ltd.